|Routines That Make Mornings Better
Not everybody is a morning person; however, if you have to be on-call at 8 in the morning and you have to look perky and energetic, you may need some help from a few products to liven up your mornings. Products that work fast, and help you get on your feet so that even if you sleep through your alarm clock beeping, you won’t end up rushed and in a bad mood at the start of the day.
• Quick makeup routines
– You don’t need to look glamorous at the start of the morning; there will always be time later on to go to the washroom and put on additional makeup. The most important thing at the start of the day is to have skin that looks radiant and glowing. Hide blemishes and eye bags with concelear, even out your skin tone with a tinted moisturizer and finish off with powder for a matte look. A swipe of color on your cheeks and lips prevents you from looking pale and tired.
• Dry shampoos and conditioners
– If you are in a hurry, you probably won’t have time to wash your hair and take the time to blow dry it. At times like this, you can use dry shampoos and conditioners to soften and clean your hair without having to get it wet. Just drop a blob of the material on your hands and comb it through your hair for an even application. Run a towel through your hair to dry it and remove the excess foam and you’re all set!
• Use an all-in-one cleanser
– The key to mornings is to make your routines shorter so you don’t end up getting rushed even if you wake up a bit later than usual. For women with problematic skin, this isn’t too easy, because they have to go through a strict facial ritual in the morning composed of facial washes, serums, exfoliants, toners and creams. However, you can look for skin balancing cleansers which work for all skin types. This is especially helpful for people with combo skin as the cleanser doubles up as a facial wash, exfoliant and moisturizer all in one.
• Protect your skin
– No matter how busy you are during the mornings, you should never forget sunscreen, especially if you need to run all over town throughout the day. For a youthful glow, choose a body lotion that has a slightly tanning effect with at least SPF 20 for adequate sun protection.
A rushed morning and a grumpy start is no reason for you to neglect your face and body. These morning routines don’t require much effort into them, but works just as well as some routines that take hours to complete.
By Mike Wheatley